Create Next Year’s Annual Conference Artwork
Students, faculty and staff from all HLC-affiliated institutions are invited to enter HLC’s 2018 Annual Conference Art Contest. Submissions to the contest should be original pieces of art illustrating the conference theme. The winning artwork will be used as the symbol of the conference and featured on all web and print promotional materials.
Finalists chosen by HLC will be voted on by HLC’s membership in an online poll in February 2017. The winning artist will be awarded $1,500.
The deadline for submission is February 6, 2017.
Theme: “Innovation and Transformation”
The 2018 HLC Annual Conference will highlight the theme of innovation and transformation, addressing major changes in higher education brought on by new technologies, new credentials, new providers and new public policy priorities. The conference will provide forums to explore how institutions can embrace the opportunities presented by transformative change, and how accreditation can facilitate this evolution while continuing to assure quality and promote student success.
Any two-dimensional medium is acceptable, provided the artwork can be reproduced effectively in electronic format. Designs that work well:
- Are adaptable—in whole or in part—to horizontal and vertical formatting.
- Are readable in a wide variety of sizes.
- Make use of a broad color palette, beyond the colors used in HLC’s branding.
- Do not include HLC’s standard logo.
View examples of how past conference artwork has been used to promote the event.
How to Submit Entries
Digital images of the artwork and a completed entry form must be received no later than February 6, 2017. No late submissions will be accepted.
Submit the artwork as a TIF file with a resolution of 300 PPI and an image size no smaller than 7" x 7". Do not submit the original piece of art at this time.
Submit the artwork and entry form using HLC’s online dropbox.
Conditions of Entry
By entering the contest, the entrant agrees to the following conditions:
- The entrant is a current student, faculty or staff member at an HLC-affiliated institution.
- The artwork cannot have been previously published.
- The original piece of art from the winning entry will become the property of HLC.
- A winning entrant agrees that HLC shall have the exclusive right to reproduce the artwork on its website and on promotional posters, art cards or other printed materials, which may be distributed at no charge or be sold for a fee that will be retained by HLC.
The winning entrant will be credited where possible on conference materials.
Selection and Prize
Entries will be narrowed to 3–6 finalists. In February 2017, HLC will invite its members to vote for their favorite design through an online poll. The winning entrant will be notified shortly after the close of the selection process. The original version of the selected artwork must be received by HLC by February 20, 2017.
The winning design will be announced at the 2017 annual conference, taking place March 31–April 4. A prize of $1,500 will be awarded to the winning entrant.