HLC thanks attendees, presenters, sponsors and exhibitors for making the 2017 annual conference a success. Resources from the event, including the HLC Resource Guide and presentation handouts, are still available to download. Presenters who did not submit electronic versions of their handouts or other supporting documents prior to the conference may do so until April 7.
Save the Date: Call for Proposals Opens June 15 for 2018 Annual Conference
HLC will accept proposals for its 2018 annual conference from June 15–September 8, 2017. The 2018 conference, taking place April 6–10 in Chicago, will highlight Innovation and Transformation, addressing major change in higher education brought on by new technologies, credentials, providers and public policy priorities. The conference will provide forums to explore how institutions can embrace opportunities presented by transformative change, and how accreditation can facilitate this evolution while continuing to assure quality and promote student success.
HLC invites presentation proposals describing innovative programs, services and initiatives that enhance education or transform a curriculum, department or campus, including:
- New approaches to teaching and learning and to measuring the outcomes of programs and services
- The role of accreditation in evaluating innovative programs and practices
- Delivery formats and technologies that transform the way students learn or reach non-traditional students
- Programs for a changing economy, including creative community partnerships to enhance student learning and career development
- Living-learning communities that promote student success and retention
HLC encourages sessions with presenters from two or more institutions discussing similar innovative programs or practices.
Future Conference Dates:
2018: April 6–10
2019: April 5–9